TECHNET Archives

February 2004

From:
Charles Caswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:48:50 -0600
Steve, just got around to reading your post. Are these the same kind of
boards that you have been processing? Some time back I had boards that would
not pass cleanliness test. Checked everything in our cleaning system, all
good. Found that the more we washed them and the longer they were in the
Ionograph the worse they were. Turned out that the soldermask was leaching
something. The board vendor of course said that was impossible but baking the
assemblies overnight fixed the problem.