TECHNET Archives

February 2004

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:58:28 -0800
        Steve:
        Take the inverse of the  Siemens reading and that will be in mega
ohms. Good DI water should be about 16 mega ohms or about 0.07 micro
siemens.
        Regards,
        Ramon

1 uS conductivity is equal to 1 Mohm resistivity, 2uS is equal to 500kOhm,
etc.

> Blair

> Hi All!
>
> Is there any chart, formula, or conversion that I can use to correlate a
> conductivity reading to a resistivity reading?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that I have a new batch cleaner that has been up
and
> running the last three weeks or so. One of the neat things with the
cleaner is that during the rinse cycle, it monitors the rinse water
resistivity to a
> setting that you program in the machine. If it reaches that pre-programmed
resistivity setpoint before completing the number of rinse cycles that you
program,
> it will terminate the rinse cycles and go into the dry cycle. If it never
reaches the resistivity setpoint within the number of rinse cycles that
you've
> programmed, it will display "FAILED" on the touch screen. You can then run
another cycle, or start trying to figure out why the boards didn't come
clean.

> Well, everything has been going fine with the cleaner up until yesterday.
Every batch of boards I ran failed the resistivity setting I had in the
machine.

> The manual recommends a setting between 350-750 kohms, I've had my setting
at
> 550 kohms from the beginning, and everything has been fine. I've had to
lower
> the setting to 400 kohms so the batches would pass. It's still within the
350-750 kohm range, but I'm curious why all of a sudden things won't pass at
550