TECHNET Archives

February 2004

From:
"Chezhian, Krishnan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:19:29 +0800
Hi Scott,

Hope you still remember me from Gul currently with Sanmina-SCI.
What was the gold thickness on the below mentioned ENIG boards, you have
mentioned 5 microns, I presume this is Nickel thickness. If the gold is very
thin <2u" (microinches) then depending on the environment the boards are
stored in & the cleanliness on the surface after the ENIG process the boards
would get darkened very fast because of the intermatallics & the nickel
tends to surface up which would get oxidized very fast & turns black.

Thanks,
Krishnan
SANMINA-SCI
Quality Assurance / NPI Manager