TECHNET Archives

February 2004

From:
Vladimir Igoshev <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:33:12 -0500
You may want to double check it. I know that using Ru (in some cases) may cause a problem similar to the one you described. I'd also check (in X-section) where the joints fail (Ni/solder or Ni/Cu interface).

Regards,

Vladimir

Vladimir Igoshev,
Research in Motion
451 Phillip St.
Waterloo, ON, N2L 3X2

Voice: (+1) 519-888-7465, ext. 5283
Fax: (+1) 519-886-0863
>Do you know what material (Pd or Ru) your board supplier uses to deposit electroless Ni?
>
>Vladimir Igoshev,
>Research in Motion
>
>Voice: (+1) 519-888-7465, ext. 5283
>Fax: (+1) 519-886-0863