TECHNET Archives

February 2004

From:
Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:38:48 -0500
There was a company in the Los Angeles area called Shannon Fluorescent
Dyes. You should be able to look them up in the phone book or web. They
were still around about 3 years ago, and made an excellent dye for this
purpose. It was rather expensive (~$400/pound?.

The made this type of product in several forms for bars (hand stamps),
motion picture industry and the like.   It req'd about 0.1% by weight
addition to the flux to give a significant/adequate fluorescence. It
worked really well. I had looked through various products and hands down
they had the best. There are many on the market but most aren't heat
stable enough to survive the soldering process.

If you can't find them, let me know and later this week I may have the
time to find those details.

Rich Kraszewski