TECHNET Archives

February 2004

From:
Tony Steinke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:07:01 -0500
Suzanne,
I am commenting from a board fabricators experience
and after reviewing the pictures on Steve's website
I would have to say that again it is poor surface preparation prior to the
soldermask application,
which appears to be LPI mask on you board versus
DFSM on Steve's snake board. One thing I would like to point out in both
cases it is solid copper areas which are peeling-one way you can help on
your end is make those areas "cross hatched" instead of solid copper, that
way you are not bonding to such a large copper area and you are also bonding
to the FR4 substrate.
It is somewhat difficult to get the right surface topography when bonding to
large copper areas.

Tony Steinke
AIT-Atlanta Inc.