TECHNET Archives

January 2004

From:
Dan Dodson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:32:11 -0600
Daan,

I do the programming for our UP2000 printer. I know when I do the
programming for low and high volume the extra 5 - 10 min of programming at
least 3 locations are worth it. We can control the quality of product going
into our placement machines. On high volume products I usually program at
least 5 locations. The locations are usually fine-pitched parts and at least
one component on each edge to ensure that paste coverage is consistent
across the board. I figure the more we can inspect the less we will have to
worry about when the product comes out the oven. Hope this helps.

Dan Dodson
Tri-onics Inc.