TECHNET Archives

January 2004

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 06:18:18 -0800
        Larry:
        Wearing any metal jewelry, including wedding rings and watches, is
dangerous to the operator when it comes to being exposed to voltages. If the
person is electrically shocked, it can burn the finger or hand off as
current goes around the metal and heats it up to  a very  high temperature
quickly. If the person is only assembling it would not affect anything.
Wearing of magnets as bracelets can erase EPROMs.
        `Regards,
        Ramon