TECHNET Archives

January 2004

From:
David Suraski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:41:06 -0500
Luis,

You are correct that there can be a difference in voiding between the RTS and RSS profiles.
However, in our experience this difference is not nearly as significant as that found when
implementing the LSP profile.

I will send the LSP settings to you separately as this listserv does not accept attachments.

The trials you reference were performed with a water soluble solder paste because this was
considered to be the worst case scenario for voiding.  All of our experience and empirical data
shows that the results of implementing the LSP profile is an elimination/reduction of voids when
utilizing ANY type of solder paste, no-cleans (and AIM's 293) included.

Regards,
David Suraski
AIM