TECHNET Archives

January 2004

From:
Paul Fly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:05:32 -0500
Susan,

I never meant to imply that we found IPC documents "lacking". In fact quite
the opposite, we
are now changing our drawings to reference IPC documents.

The problem is this, we are doing work on a government contract. Until
recently we have
been calling out 31032 on our drawings and our vendors (all MIL qualified)
have said nothing,
but we became aware of the fact that some of our vendors were not certified
to 31032 so
a management decision was made to change our specification reference from
the appropriate IPC document.

My task has been to identify which IPC document is appropriate for the
designs I am responsible
for.

Hopefully this clarifies a little,
************************************
          Paul Fly   CID+

Eastman Kodak Company
Engineering Technology Center - EEC
2nd Fl.  Bld. 205  K.P.
2400 Mt. Read Blvd.
Rochester, New York 14650-3007
Phone: (585) 726-5670
Fax: (585) 726-0275
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
************************************

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Roby D Hott     |
|         |           M>              |
|         |           Sent by: TechNet|
|         |           >               |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           01/23/2004 06:49|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "TechNet     |
|         |           E-Mail Forum."; |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to Robisan1     |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      [log in to unmask]                                                                                               |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: Re: [TN] IPC specifications question                                                                          |

It would be important to know in what way you have found the IPC documents
"lacking" as compared to 31032.

The actual product requirements/design criteria/lot testing are actually
the
same.

Susan Mansilla
Robisan Lab