TECHNET Archives

January 2004

From:
"Fineline Circuits, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:38:13 -0500
Russ:
It does sound like your bath is plating out. Probably too much chemistry and
or not enough panel plating. An overactive bath will start to plate the
walls of the tank.
Also the bath may have dropped off  in which case you need to remake a new
one.
We generally transfer our electroless bath on a routinely basis from one
tank to another especially in summer. In winter we have a heater that is
turned on in the morning and once it reaches room temp it is turned off. In
summer it is not turned on at all.
Transferring off the bath is a must in order to remove any plate outs or
sediments. Air agitation is a must or else the bath will plate out.
Hope this helps.

Sona Sitapara
Fineline Circuits Inc.