TECHNET Archives

January 2004

From:
Reuven ROKAH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:20:54 +0200
Hello Prashant,

First what is your process capability?
You should make DOE for checking it.
The std. coplanarity is 4 mils +/- and you should comply with it.
The thickness of the stencil is one of the parameters.

If the leads are more than 4 mils, you should work with your suppliers, a
specially check the packaging process and handling issues.  You can add
shock sensor to check your shipment condition until arriving to the
production line.

Best  Regards

ROKAH Reuven

e mail: [log in to unmask]

                      pras chop
                      <prashant_chops@Y         To:      [log in to unmask]
                      AHOO.CO.IN>               cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet          Subject: [TN] lifted lead

                      19/01/2004 04:46
                      Please respond to
                      "TechNet E-Mail
                      Forum."; Please
                      respond to pras
                      chop

hi all,

We are facing a very peculiar problem on our line. The problem is of lifted
lead found on the IC leads. The package is both tape & reel and tray.

We have verified the placement pressure,nozzle condition,pick-up for our
machines. This all is in good condition.

Also we tried to check the incoming material, but is quite difficult to
verify and we have not been able to find much there. Tried the co-planarity
check also but is ok.

On the human side we are trying to stop tray to tray transfers of ICs &
identifying all the rework ICs.

But still we are encountering this issue of lifted lead........  Guys i
need your help and some creative ideas( both on machine side and human
side) that we can implememnt online to breakthrough this problem.

looking forward to response from you all.

Have a nice day.

rgds
Prashant Chopra
Process Engineer