TECHNET Archives

January 2004

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:35:15 -0500
There are real smart people out there that work around some aspects of
the standard and don't get burned. There are other real smart people
that do get burned. Then there are the lucky ones that ignore the
standard and seem to get away with it for years.
In my opinion J-STD-033A is basic manufacturing hygiene. If you engage
in unprotected sex do you always get AIDS or VD? If you don't wash your
hands before eating do you always get sick? I recommend following the
standard unless you know why you don't need to follow the standard.

Sustaining activities always push the envelope. It is a balancing act.
Were your problems soldering related or package failure.