TECHNET Archives

January 2004

From:
Jim Wertin - AIM Technical Applications <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:58:44 -0500
Luis

We have found that voiding / pin holes over Ag surface finishes can be quite
common.
These problems can also be exhaserbated by the thickness of the plating, the
age of the boards as well as the method/conditions they were stored in.

There are several successful process options available for the elimination
of said defects, which I would be happy to share.
Please feel free to contact me offline.

Regards

Jim Wertin
Technical Applications Manager