EMBEDDEDNET Archives

January 2004

EmbeddedNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D-37 Sub-Committee Forum <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:43:36 EST
In a message dated 1/19/04 8:15:06 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Is this going to be a kind of FREE FORUM? >>

No, we don't have time for a free forum on our one hour call ins.  This is an
introduction to the software that Answer Systems has available for comparing
surface mount and embedded passive devices.  This software was used in the
NIST project for embedded passives, so some are familiar with it.  However, the
NIST project ended a year ago, so there must be some updates and new
information how the software works, what platforms it runs on, and whether there is any
kind of "service bureau" that might do a comparison on a design before a
company buys the entire package.  Also, there may be papers coming up on the cost
analysis system.

Do you think there would be interest in a tutorial on "cost comparisons"?  If
so, that can be suggested to the IPC for the coming year.

Denny