DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Matthew Lamkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:59:28 -0000
Thankyou Roger,
"Oh no, its all in Metric, how will we cope" lol.
I can see some annotating it to the Imperial that they are used to.

Where it refers to IPC-782 I take it that the details will actually be
included in the std
but its going to be the same as 782?
It would seem daft to have to refer to 2 stds.

The 3 complexity levels bit, is that sort of meaning:
1. Very tightly spaced board - components virtually on top of each other,
2. Average spacing on board, room around components.
3. Loads of room on this board, the components will need binocs to see each
other.
Or am I confusing this with something else?

For the "Mounting holes", what does #3 "Available with 8 via holes" mean?
Does this mean that they can have 8 vias around them for PTH connecting?

Matthew.