LEADFREE Archives

January 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Jay Soderberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:08:10 -0600
Hello All,

OK, lets assume that I have checked my ceramic mug (I did) and it was
made in China (it was).  If, for argument's sake, it had an improperly
formulated glaze that contained high levels of lead, how long does it
take for the lead to leach out?  I have had the mug for a couple of
years now and use it daily.  Am I currently exposing myself to high
levels of lead?  Or, has it all previously leached out of the mug (and
me)?

Jay Soderberg