TECHNET Archives

December 2003

From:
Lakshmi Dwivedula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:10:23 -0500
Sorry to be replying so late. Somehow, I missed reading this email.

Have you considered using solder preforms and reflowing them? I am going
that way for a similar situation. Unless you have a continuous load of these
jobs, getting an equipment just for one or two assemblies may not be
justifiable. On the other hand, by proper design of the preforms, the job
can most probably accomplished with consistent and repeatable quality.
Obviously proper control of the packing and storage of the preforms needs to
be managed.

Regards,
Lakshmi