TECHNET Archives

December 2003

From:
"Blair K. Hogg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:11:43 -0500
I was thinking that perhaps a switch from HASL to Immersion Tin could
contribute? If the primary surface is already tin, would the tin
depletion in the solder pot be less?

But then again, if the PCB finish was switched to tin, why would the
process still use solder with lead it in? Going only half lead-free?

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/04/03 08:50PM >>>
Hi Gary,

LTNS!

Perhaps some phenomena associated with a "new" PCB Fab/plating
process?

Any fab or metallurgists out there have a clue?

Have a safe and happy holiday!

Regards,

Ed Popielarski
QTA Machine