TECHNET Archives

December 2003

From:
Sasha Miladinovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 20:06:55 +0100
Hi Steve,

I can buy the argumet...
I have the same experience with Tin going down in procentage and there is
higher level of Lead in the soldering bath.
Thats why I found a Randy's question interesting and tried to explain for
myself why he would get the results he got.
And I feel that this would be the best place in the world to discuss this
kind of question and learn something new. :)

But the phenomena I mentioned earlier is that Tin and Lead physicaly
separate from eachother and that Lead physicaly drops on the bottom of the
soldering pot if the pot itself is not disturbed for a while.
Meaning that the concentration of the Lead is higher on the bottom while
concentration of Tin is higher on the top of the soldering bath.

Wouldn't this be the same phenomena why oil and water separate from
eachother when not desturbed?

I feel like doing some experiments.... Wish I only had a time for that..
:)

Sasha Miladinovic - Production Engineering
Amersham Biosciences, PCB Production, Umeå
Tel:      +46 (0) 90 150 232
Fax:     +46 (0) 90 138 372
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
2003-12-04 19:37
Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to SteveZeva