TECHNET Archives

December 2003

From:
Reuven ROKAH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:10:38 +0200
Hi Kath,

Its a delamination issue, which should be comply to IPC 610 Std. (area
size, distance between conductors etc.) Its location on the PCB edge make
it more problematic to humidity.

Best  Regards

ROKAH Reuven

                      Kathy Kuhlow
                      <[log in to unmask]         To:      [log in to unmask]
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet         Subject: Re: [TN] Need your opinion

                      19/12/2003 00:11
                      Please respond
                      to "TechNet
                      E-Mail Forum.";
                      Please respond
                      to Kathy Kuhlow

No, brand new design and revision for a customer of ours.  We have had
nothing but issues with the manufacturer like this and have seen really odd
things happen during reflow.

We have received so many with edge damage like this that I had to ask if
this is normal and I am being anal or is this a problem with the supplier.
The sad part is that the customer is designing around this device so we
will be stuck with this kind of quality unless I really push and drag my
feet right now.  I need some unbiased opinions on the issues.  Some issues
get to the point that you almost have to prove that your not whining and
this isn't right.  I am forwarding all responses to them for further
evaluation.

Kat

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/18/03 04:05PM >>>
Hi Kat!