TECHNET Archives

December 2003

From:
Sasha Miladinovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:07:20 +0100
Hello....

I can't see any difference between those two methods of referencing....
Height in relation to area gives a paste volume....
If you would use level-etched stencils on a PCB that is topographically
complex, and then I could think that volume would be more correct way of
expressing the reference...
But otherwise, this would be an issue of how to express the printing guide
factors...

I design each stencil individually. Why compromise? Optimize! :)

Try checking the IPC-7525: Stencil Design Guidelines

There are some publications you can check:
* DESIGN OF STENCILS FOR PRINTING SOLDER PASTE ON SURFACE MOUNT PRINTED
BOARDS, AND THICK & THIN FILM CIRCUITS - GUIDELINES AND SOFTWARE - by
David Boswell Tel/Fax autoswitch: 44 (0)1258-830302. e-mail:
[log in to unmask] co.uk
*
http://www.cooksonee.com/DOCS/Publications/Optimum%20Printer%20Parameters.pdf
* C. L. Hutchins, "Fine-pitch Stencil Technology," SMT, July 1996.
* W. E. Coleman, "Stencil Design and Application for SMD, Through-hole,
BGA and Flip Chips," Advancing Microelectronics, January/February 1996.
* R. Clouthier, "Appraising Stencils for Fine-pitch Printing," SMT, March
1995.
* W. E. Coleman, "Stencil Design for Advanced Packages," SMT, June 1996.
* http://www.cemcex.com/present/Weldon_Tecan.pdf
* http://www.smtinline.com/html-en/uic0201.pdf

Regards,
Sasha

Sasha Miladinovic - Production Engineering
Amersham Biosciences, PCB Production, Umeå
Tel:      +46 (0) 90 150 232
Fax:     +46 (0) 90 138 372
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

pras chop <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
2003-12-12 04:41
Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to pras chop