TECHNET Archives

December 2003

From:
pras chop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:41:37 +0000
hi,

Currently in our smt line we are using the solder paste height as reference for solder paste printing.  But some of our lines are looking into solder volume as reference.

we are using mostly 5mils stencils and ensure that paste height is between 5mils and 6mils.

I would like to know which direction is better solder paste height or solder paste volume ?????? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each type.???

Is there any site where i can find literature on this???

And lastly, I would like to know how to decide on  stencil aperture openings based on solder volume calculations. We get the pad size of the pcb and then tell the stencil manufacturer about the stencil openings required.

sorry guys,  lots of queries but your opinions and help is valuable.

rgds
Prashant Chopra

JABIL