TECHNET Archives

November 2003

From:
Roger Mouton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:04:59 -0800
Franklin,

Your points are well taken.  You raised 2 key issues; "speaking from a
smaller sized company" and over the "last few years".  I agree.

Sadly, many of those companies asking "who else" aren't smaller sized and
they aren't just asking for simple references.  What I stated about
manufacturing innovation in the US doesn't apply just to electronics or the
interconnect industry in particular.  My concern, and what Rudy states as
there being "a story here", is that we seem to have misplaced the desire or
will to innovate.  We used to do this better in the US.  Fortunately, I
think we're slowly finding our way back to technological leadership and
greater innovation.

I hope others will weigh in on these issues so critical to the survival of
US manufacturing industries and perhaps Rudy will provide insight to the
"rest of the story".

Roger