TECHNET Archives

November 2003

From:
Sasha Miladinovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:17:38 +0100
Susan, George,
Thnx on Ur respond.... :)

I was thinking of assigning a specific document number to the
Specification Tree already and that is one of the alternatives of course.

As I see it (I could be mistaking me) is that the document itself would be
a subject of a whole lot of changes and as we all know even a standards
could change a document number...
As soon as something like that happens, my internal document needs to be
updated....

George has a point when saying that the map is a great help when
orientating through the specs.
That's why I would like to specify the whole Specification Tree with a
document number and always be certain that there is a latest version of
the document available somewhere to obtain.

Wouldn't this be a beautiful solution to be able to refer to, for instance
IPC-SPEC-TREE or IPC-DOC-TAB as a general document and that way specifying
any IPC document needed?

If I haven't misunderstood, this would satisfy both ISO9000 demands and
anybody's Q-department. At the same time the whole organization has one
document to relay on and document itself doesn't need to be updated as
soon a new revision of any standards we use appears....

Sasha Miladinovic - Production Engineering
Amersham Biosciences, PCB Production, Umeå
Tel:      +46 (0) 90 150 232
Fax:     +46 (0) 90 138 372
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
2003-11-21 15:09
Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to Robisan1