TECHNET Archives

November 2003

From:
Sasha Miladinovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:46:14 +0100
Thnx Steve but that's not the issue...

I'm in a process of implementing IPC on PCB department in my company.. We
had Workmanship that was based on IPC 610 and I did replace the old
workmanship in a "way-guerilla-act"...
We have IPC certified personal and it is only logical to use IPC
standards... Now, when I got the acceptance in the organization, I must
re-write the old specification...
Oki... It wouldn't be a problem just to specify those standards we use
locally on a department and specify J-STD-001, IPC-HDBK-001, IPC-A-610,
IPC-7711/7721 and so on, but as we all know: "shit in - shit out" and
that's why I also want the other support functions in the organization to
use same standard specification... That means that I must re-write the
specification each time someone acquires a new standard.... For instance,
if design department decide to use IPC-D-317 or Q-control IPC-A-600...
It would be great to specify whole IPC Specification Tree and that way
give the possibility to whole organization to acquire which ever
IPC-standard anyone need and when ever the need arise...
Both IPC Specification Tree and Document Revision table are "living
documents" and are changing constantly.
What I want is to have one specification that covers whole the
organization and all the IPC standards and let the rest of implementation
process to self-regulate.
That's why, I feel it would be much easier to implement IPC if I had a
document number that covers all IPC standards as a reference. Revision is
not the issue here because I assume that we use the latest revision
published.

Would this be a silly idea?

Sasha Miladinovic - Production Engineering
Amersham Biosciences, PCB Production, Umeå
Tel:      +46 (0) 90 150 232
Fax:     +46 (0) 90 138 372
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
2003-11-20 18:02
Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to SteveZeva