TECHNET Archives

November 2003

From:
"Valerie St.Cyr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:58:56 -0500
My understanding is also limited, but this is what I am familiar with: you
are basically replicating the customer's experience. Before you open the
box (container, whatever) check it: is it stapled, strapped, right or does
it look unreliable ? "Debox" the item appropriately and check the internal
packaging (slip sheets, dividers, baggies, whatever): do things look
organized and protected or are they all jumbled together? did someone
forget to put in the foam (cardboard, inserts); especially check that all
documentation is included. Do part check: all the parts, no more, no less.
If the parts have variants (by country, for instance) did the right parts
get picked? (think power cords or adapters). Assemble the product if
required. Turn on. Make it do something it is supposed to do.

Some OBA stop there; some go further and put a number of parts through a
life test (HASS - highly accelerated stress screen). Actual frequency or
sample sizes is something someone else can possibly answer.

Regards,

Valerie

Valerie St. Cyr
PCB Technology
Teradyne

978-370-1136

Dacia Super <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
11/19/2003 03:37 PM
Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to Dacia Super