TECHNET Archives

November 2003

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:44:59 +0200
There is no reason to believe that the laws of physics do not apply to
ceramic caps. This would mean that the coefficient of linear expansion
is considered as essentially linear, until there is a phase change in
its structure, which I believe would not occur until it reached temps
well in excess of soldering temps. I can't think of any substance that
does not expand on increased temp within a phase structure, except water
between 0°C and 4°C, or whose TCLE drops to negligible levels, as you
suggest. I'd be interested to know of any.

Brian