TECHNET Archives

November 2003

From:
Mike McMonagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:34:07 -0600
Lance,
        I don't know of any detrimental effects to components caused by
the radios. Some companies I have worked at allowed them to be used by
stationary operators only (stuff line, hand solder, etc). Use by
operators of any auto or semi-auto equipment can be a safety hazard due
to physical issues (cords getting entangled in/on equipment). They can
also prevent hearing normal speech or warnings. And in both scenarios
they can detract from focusing on the task at hand with some
individuals, compromising quality....

Mike