DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

November 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:27:16 -0800
We supply smask artwork at the same size as the pads and include a note that
no mask is to touch the pads.  This allows the fabricator to do what he
needs to do to make sure the mask doesn't encroach pads we want cleared.

Where we WANT encroachment, we spec the smask at _hole_ size and include a
note that the mask is to be adjusted in those cases so no material runs into
the holes.

--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.