TECHNET Archives

October 2003

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 06:36:33 -0700
        Blair:
        It has more impedance to current. The word impedance is used instead
of resistance due to the fact that it is an inductor and not a resistor. So
the more impedance the part has the slower the current and more of the
electrical energy turns into heat. A comparison would be a straight pipe
versus a pipe that is coiled where water runs through each one. The voltage
behind the coil would relate to the pressure the water is pumped through the
pipes
        Regards,
        Ramon