TECHNET Archives

October 2003

From:
Franklin D Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:57:52 -0500
(((nodding in agreement))) And another good reason for lines of
communication between board shops and designers/customers... The design
specifications are a good foundation; however, if one is not familiar with
actual fabrication methods (a basic understanding at least) information may
end up on fab drawings or in PO's that will cause problems, an example might
be;

Start with 1/2 foil, plate up to 3 ounces, line width/space 3
mils...hmmmmm....

((this is not a made up...this requirement was actually on a fab drawing
sent to us))

... Hey, what do you say everyone on TechNet get together at Denny's (gotta
be Denny's, economic reasons and all that...industry downturns...etc etc)
and work on this more...hmmmm....