TECHNET Archives

October 2003

From:
Robert Tarzwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:19:09 -0400
Actually Jack you could push a lot off current through a short cooper
spring, the temperature rise is easily calculated at 50 degrees c the
current would be 7.5 to 10 amps At a max of near red hot it would be about
18 to 20 amps. The short length means there will be no adjacency heating
effect so to whole wire spring will be even in temperature. A long pcb track
will be much hoter in the center then the end's due to the fact more
temperature will be present at each point along the track from the heat
before it.. Ie the ends of a track only have heat  generated to produce
temperature from one side. Hope that helps.
BEst regards Robert tarzwell   megadawn.com