TECHNET Archives

October 2003

From:
Rodney Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:43:56 -0600
It will depend on how "advanced" your CM is.  We are currently using Valor
and have had great success with developing tooling etc from CAD information.
Pending the amount of information in the CAD, package, polarity, footprint
attributes etc, we can generally use the customers CAD as a root for our
madness and then procede with little change to the information on the PCBA
level.  But we would make modifications like poly shapes and placement
panelization etc on the info that is not usually done as a PCB designer, but
more as a Manf. Engineer.

ODB++ makes for a good format as well as GenCAD and GenCAM.  Since we are on
the Valor side of things, ODB++ is our preferred.  We do have translators
for different CAD outputs, so it just depends on what our customer has to
offer.  Hopefully something better than blueprints....:^)+)

Rodney L. Miller, CID
VP / Director of Manufacturing
Tri-onics Inc.
ph (618) 654-9831
fx  (618) 654-6122
e   [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>