TECHNET Archives

October 2003

Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:22:48 +0800
Hello,

IPC-2223 : Sectional Design Standards for Flexible Printed Boards stated
in 1.2.2 Installation Uses :
Use A : Capable of withstanding flex during installation (flex-to-install)
Use B : Capable of withstanding continuous flexing for the number of
cycles as specified on the master drawing (dynamic flex)
Use C : High temperature environment (over 105 degree C)
Use D : UL recognition

IPC-6013 : Qualification and Performance Specification for Flexible
Printed Boards stated under Selection for Procurement 1.2.4.1 Selecttion
(Default) :
The procurement documentation should specify the requirements that can
be selected within this specification. However, in the event that these
selections are not made in the documentation, the following default
shall apply:
Performance Class - Class 2
Installation Usage - Use A

My questions are :
1. I can see the importance of the various installation usage on design
requirements. However, there is no mention of installation usage in
6013, only classification Class 1, 2 and 3. Does that mean Qualification
and Performance specification will be based only on Classifiction only.

2. 6013 indicates the Selection for Procurement for Performance Class
and Installation usage. However, I am not able to find any information
on the different requirements for the installation usage. When
inspection is to be carried out, how do I know that my vendor has
produced the product in accordance to the required specifications or has
not shortchange me in the requirements,

Hope to hear from you all soonest.

Regards,
Wee Mei