TECHNET Archives

October 2003

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:53:12 +0300
No, molten solder. If one side is wave soldered, this is ideal. If it is
SMT only, then a goodly dollop of solder paste on one side will do the
job (I've seen companies apply this just for this purpose with a thick
stencil, after applying the solder-joint paste with a normal stencil.
The thick stencil has blind holes underneath to avoid flattening the
component paste.)

Brian