TECHNET Archives

October 2003

From:
Rey Degollado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:49:49 +0800
Rudy,

Thanks for the reply.
Currently the maximum thickness we are using is 6.0 oz copper foil supplied
to us by one of our suppliers. We are using this  for our inner layers.
We haven't tried panel plating on building heavy copper. Line width and
space of the current production ranges from 0.2mm and up.

Right now, we are still capable of etching this. My concerns actually are
the related tests needed for heavy copper pcb.

Thanks.

rey  c",?

                    Rudy Sedlak
                    <[log in to unmask]        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    COM>                 cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     [TN] Heavy copper foil
                    TechNet
                    org>

                    10/21/2003
                    10:11 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "TechNet
                    E-Mail
                    Forum.";
                    Please
                    respond to
                    RSedlak

So, the issue becomes one of etching heavy copper, correct?

I am assuming you intend to panel plate?

How heavy are you going to build this?  Some people have pattern plated,
using multiple layers of dryfilm, but there is a limit...

Tell us what you have to build...how thick, and what line and space, etc.

Rudy Sedlak
RD Chemical Company