TECHNET Archives

October 2003

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 06:38:42 -0700
        Jason:
        What you are told is correct based on experience. Removing the tiles
makes sense but it is not absolutely necessary. A chunk of metal has a hard
time building a static charge. Probably it would be necessary to race it for
several blocks before it builds any voltage above 200 volts because it would
be distributed over the whole cart. On the other hand a piece of plastic
would charge 20 K volts over a small area and hold it for several minutes in
a heart beat.
        Regards,
        Ramon