TECHNET Archives

October 2003

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:40:09 -0700
        Blair:
                You are very right. If the voltage is AC  the impedance is
reactive due to the magnetic flux and if the voltage is DC then the
impedance is resistive. due to the turns, more length of wire. The
resistance of wire is measurable. If it did not have any resistance than it
would be a superconductor. In other words all wires due to their resistance
dissipate heat.
        Regards,
        Ramon