LEADFREE Archives

October 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:58:06 EDT
Hi Dave,
I have corresponded with Günter directly, and yes, you are abolutely correct,
the creep rates are derived from NCMS data. The problem is little information
is available how these data have been obtained (NCMS is somewhat better than
NPL)--this unfortunately is a common problem with consortia.
Consortia are a real problem since they release--leak--partial information
that can frequently be misleading, non-members do not know who is working on the
issues which generates a problem with the credibility of the information.
Now these data from NCMS [Carol Handworker maybe] and NPL [Colin Lea maybe]
come from reputable organisations with well-respected people working there.
Maybe we could hear from Carol and Colin so we get an understanding of these
differences.

Regards,
Werner Engelmaier