TECHNET Archives

September 2003

From:
"d. terstegge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:15:45 +0200
Hi John,

There are already some good forums about Electronics Production, like
the one on www.smtnet.com. And there are the Technet-archives which you
can search and browse, comparable to browsing through a vBulletin forum.
 Within very short term I'm planning to have a forum on my own website
(www.smtinfo.net) which will have all the advantages of the latest
forum software, and I hope it will be a valuable addition to the good
stuff that's already available.

I wish you all the best in your new job !

Daan Terstegge
Thales Communications
Unclassified mail
Personal Website: http://www.smtinfo.net

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/03/03 03:16pm >>>
As an employee of a cable house/electronic assembly plant, I have found
many
uses for this forum.  I'm a cable/crimp/press/tooling guy more than a
PCB
guy, but my daily mailings have educated me quite a bit in this
field...

I'm moving on to an outside Sales position here at Badger Technologies,
and
plan to utilize all I've learned to the fullest extent, some of the
information can be sourced back to this forum, which I've found to be
very
benificial.

I'm going to unsubscribe today, but may sign back on with another
email
address soon, an address just for TechNet stuff :)...

... What about a vBulletin/phpp style forum format?  Has anyone thought
of
that?  My other main squeeze of a forum, www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/ ,
is
built this way (if you're into video cards, check it out!  My ID there
is
ragejg... THIS IS NOT SPAM ;) )  That kind of format makes for easy
navigation betweeen and through topics...  Not that I've had any
problems
with the "email-style forum"... :)

Also, does anyone know if a forum is being put together for the new
620
standards?  Cable houses really could use it, as they're much more
loosely
connected than PCB houses IMO...

I'll correspond back here a couple more times today maybe, but this is
pretty much my good-bye.  Thank you *everyone* who has helped me and
my
company out.

I'll never underestimate the value of this community or its members.

Best Regards,
John Grabski III
Badger Technologies, Inc.
www.badgertech.com