TECHNET Archives

September 2003

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:44:47 -0700
        Virgil:
        My expertise is not in material science, but I know about welding
since I worked as a welder while in the military. From your information the
weld is not coming apart but the box is cracking at the lips weld, which is
the parts that vibrates the most. So the tungsten bonded the two materials
but is not taking the vibrations well.  It tells me that the part needs to
be reinforced at that point with a button weld, a welded plate or other
manner..
        Regards,
        Ramon