TECHNET Archives

September 2003

From:
Peter Zosimadis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:13:38 -0400
Hi David,

Thank you for your response.  Answering your questions,

1. Yes the coating is completely cured.
2. No shadow areas.
3. Humidity was at standard indoor levels, nothing out of the ordinary.
Also, we processed boards on different days with similar results.
4. We thought of contaminated surface as well.  We cleaned the boards, then
coated them again, same result.  Even tried extra thick coating, same
results.
5. Yes, complete coverage over entire board.  Used a UV light chamber to
check distribution of conformal coating.
6. Not sure about this one, seems the solder mask is not being effected by
the UV light.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Pete