TECHNET Archives

September 2003

From:
Thomas Beneken <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:43:38 +0200
From http://www.connectwell.com/testing1.htm :

>>>CTI - Comparative Tracking Index of Insulation material

The insulation material is divided into four groups according to their CTI
(Comparative Tracking Index)
¡E Insulation I : 600 CTI
¡E Insulation II : 400 CTI < 600
¡E Insulation III a : 175 CTI < 400
¡E Insulation III b : 100 CTI < 175

The Comparative Tracking Index must be defined according to DIN IEC 112/ VDE
0303 part 1 on specimens made specifically for this purpose with test
solution A. The proof-tracking index (PTI) is also used to identify the
tracking characteristics of materials. A material may be included in one of
the four groups given above on the basis that its PTI, established by the
method of IEC 112 using solution A, is equal to or greater than the lower
value specified for the Insulation group.
<<<

DIN and VDE are german standardization bodies.

Regards
Thomas

http://listserv.ipc.org/archives