TECHNET Archives

September 2003

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:33:25 -0700
        Howard:
                 From your information that this disturbed looking joint
appears during the second reflow, it shows that it has to do with the
plating of the lead of the diode. Some metal is leaching through  and
surfacing and making that appearance. You can make some experiments, such as
soldering the components and glue them to a scrap board  and heating them up
with a heat gun once or twice and inspect each time to duplicate the
phenomena.
        Regards,
        Ramon