TECHNET Archives

September 2003

Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:15:14 -0500
Graham,

I looked into this earlier this year.  There are thickness gauges that
measure non-ferrous coatings using eddy-current.  Some have detachable
probes while others have probes integral to the instrument.  The latter is
less expensive and would probably work well if you are measuring coupons.
The ones with detachable probes usually are available in varying probe
sizes.   Depending on what you need, these tools can be quite sophisticated
and also very pricey.  I have contact information on a couple of different
tools,  If you're interested, let me know off line.

-Sue