LEADFREE Archives

September 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:33:16 +0300
Sorry, I find this hard to believe. If 2% Ag formed dendrites as easily
as this appears to, then we are in REAL trouble. Surely, it would have
been published all over the place. Please remember that the Ag is held
in tin-rich intermetallics and is not likely to be in a free state on
the surface. It sounds to me like the lead frame or whatever was silver
plated.

Brian