LEADFREE Archives

September 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 06:41:58 -0500
Hi Tetsuro, Brian, and IPC-LF Listservers,

<Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:56:09 Tetsuro Nishimura <[log in to unmask]>

Wow Thanks everyone,

I am interested in this topic since it is an electrical performance
issue and will hopefully add to this tread a bit later today. When
Brian posed this question I only thought of two far out potential
performance improvements one in the DC arena (Voltage, Ground) and
one in the High Frequency GigaHz arena. I did think of another in
the Heat Transfer arena.

ONE QUESTION for those who felt, or sensed that sound quality
was improved.

Technically from an electrical standpoint what changed??
 Specifically What changed and why did it improve performance??

Two potential contributors for these results are:
1>Placebo Effect
  This is a well documented human phenomenon where when we
  think or have been told something will improve it does
  improve to our perceptions.
2>First article, new production type Effects
  In the process or design of building LFree the particular units
  under investigation were been built better OR are at a high
  quality level compared to the legacy (i.e. former) technology.

YiEngr, MA/NY DDave