DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:23:25 -0700
From:
Bob McCreight <[log in to unmask]>
The Silicon Valley Chapter of IPC Designers Council is
proud to announce our next general meeting.
Date: Sept 9th, 2003

Location:
Cadence Design Systems
2655 Seely Ave., Bldg 5 (Pebble Beach Room)
San Jose, CA
Sept 9 Tuesday
Time: 11:30AM to 1:30PM
$1 for members, $5 for visitors
(please bring a business card for check-in).
Lunch is provided by our sponsor:
Cadence Design Systems

Please RSVP to [log in to unmask]

Topic: Panel discussion regarding all aspects of PWB
layout from the Service Bureau point of view. Main
questions that will be covered are the following

1) The challenges of communication
What are Best approaches to convey the design intent,
Schematic, netlist, layout guides, In person etc.

2) Project completion times
What approaches do you use to complete a design on
time?

3) Ecos, and fabrication issues.
Is there support after the design is completed, such
as during Fabrication issues, customer revisions.

4) Documentation guides for customers
What are the documentation requirements needed by the
customer to get the ball rolling?

The Purpose of this meeting should be, to give an
overview of the business side aspect as well as to
educate people regarding the type of Information
needed in order to sub a Job out for Layout.

About the Speakers

COMPANY: RockSolid Design, Inc.
Dana Bailey, President

Dana has over fifteen years experience managing high
tech design teams and a track record of success. His
strength is in assembling a team and process to
fulfill the needs of customers regardless of the size
or
complexity of their project.

COMPANY: Alta Via Technologies, Inc
John Corcoran
Sr. PCB Engineer / Dir of Operations

I started designing in '88 with a Burn-in board
company called Dynavision.  I went to work with
Praegitzer in '93 and learned Allegro there.  Then
moved to Santa Barbara and worked for Design Solutions
in
Santa Barbara as well as starting the Cork, Ireland
office at Dovatron.
This year, I started a new service Bureau called Alta
Via Technologies.
I have my Master's in Operations Research from the
University of Kentucky, and my Bachelor's in Math from
St. Mary's College in Moraga.
That's about it.

COMPANY: Optimum Design Associates Inc.
Greg Beck
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Contact Information

Background
B.S.Chemical Engineering
5 years experience as process engineer in military and
then high volume pcb fabrication shops. Spent 10 years
selling process chemicals to pcb fabricators and
assemblers in the Western states. Worked for 2 years
selling prototype, flex, MIL and high volume pcbs in
Northern CA. Was Regional Manager for 2 years selling
prototype pcbs in Northern CA.

Currently working for 2 years as VP of Sales &
Marketing at Optimum Design Associates (ODA) in
Dublin, CA. Responsible for sales of pcb engineering,
pcb design layout, FPGA design, pcb
fabrication-assembly and industrial design-mechanical
engineering services. ODA has offices in Dublin,
California and Australia. ODA's primary products are
complex, leading edge electronic designs with critical
delivery schedules.
Markets served include networking, computing,
aerospace, medical, wireless, video and military.

RSVP is required: [log in to unmask]