TECHNET Archives

August 2003

From:
"Jason W. Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:48:09 -0500
Bob,

in Texas, the piece of equipment has to be registered with the state. At
least it was that way 6 or 7 years ago. The state required results from the
eval to be included with the renew of the registration. I had a very open
architecture machine and I opted voluntarily to require my operators to
wear dosimeter badges. I believe the company that I used was Landauer in
Ilinois (?). I also had to ask current and prospective female operators to
divulge information to me pertaining to if they were pregnant or thought
they may be (this machine was VERY open architecture). As far as insurance,
I know of no mandatory or voluntary sources, or needs. The manufacturer of
the machine will be able to perform leakage tests.

Jason Gregory
SMT Production Supervisor/
Integrated Product Team Leader
LaBarge Inc.
(918)459-2367
(918)459-2221 fax
http://www.labarge.com

                      bob wettermann
                      <[log in to unmask]        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      ET>                      cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet         Subject:  [TN] XRAY Inspection System-Rules for New Users
                      <TechNet@listserv
                      .ipc.org>

                      08/06/2003 12:43
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "TechNet E-Mail
                      Forum."; Please
                      respond to bob
                      wettermann

Ladies and Gents:

We are considering purchasing a manual XRAY inspection system for some fine
pitch work that we do.

Here are the management concerns:

1. Do we need special insurance for such equipment? (ie liability question)

2. What safety precautions and procedures do we need to put in place to
protect our workers?

Regards